Monday, September 27, 2010

DAY 1 - HOW DID IT GO?

I hope you you've all had great success with DAY 1! I found myself almost taking a bite of Madeline's cookie after school, but alas, I remembered my goal! It's amazing how much we all probably do (that isn't always good) out of habit or without even thinking. I already feel like my awareness, for at least what I ate today, has been heightened a bit. Hopefully, this will only improve. I'd love to know how your day went as well. Please feel free to leave a comment!

A few things:
  • Don't forget to weigh yourself today. Determine your "ideal" or desired weight so you know what you're shooting for. Then make sure to weigh yourself every Sunday in order to determine whether or not you earned a point for weight loss or maintenance each week.
  • Keeping track of your points: I've decided that I'm going to keep track of your weekly points, not your daily points. That's for you to do. If you've already come up with your own spread sheet to use, great! Melissa Atkin has put together a weekly spreadsheet that I'll send out through the google group, so feel free to use that one. There will be a weekly google doc for you to submit your weekly points to. Your weekly points must be submitted to the document no later than Sunday by 9pm. I'll be sure to remind you all.
  • I need your introductions by tonight!!! Most of you have responded, but I'm still waiting to hear back from several of you. I will be posting those up ASAP so if you want to be included, please do this tonight.
  • Share your successes. If you're making great progress, please let me and/or the group know about it. We want to hear about how you're doing and what's working and what's still challenging for you. Sharing each other's progress is a great way to motivate and encourage one another!

4 comments:

  1. Man, that scale is not kidding around. Gasp.

    Today's triumphs:
    Actual meals instead of meal-sized snack foods.
    Kept the food journal (if anyone needs a notebook for this, let me know)

    -Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I was starving when I woke up this morning! :) Usually, my tummy is still full of the garbage I was eating at midnight the night before. It was a new feeling. :) Not necessarily a bad one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, when i woke up in the morning, my first thought was, i need something sweet. nice start to the morning, eh? then i almost took a drink of diet dr. pepper just because it was there, but then remembered not to. i MADE time for running, and it was great. and best of all, i went out to a birthday dinner for my mom and grandma with my family and totally resisted taking even a teeny-tiny bite of the biggest chocolate eclair that i have ever seen in my life. i think i deserve some kind of medal or something. :) so day #1 was 100%, lets see if i can keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First days have started off great! Exercised, kept the food journal, scriptures and felt great. The afternoon/evenings were more difficult! I guess that's when I started sugar snacking to "reward" myself from the challenges of the day. So I've tried new healthier ways to reward, changed my mindset and looked forward to yummy grapes, nuts and dried fruit. It helped to have something to chew instead of my default of strait sugar snacks. I was glad to have cleaned out my cupboard the night before. It has been really great to REFINE my snacking to more healthy choices. The exercise has also already helped me stand taller and stronger, I LOVE that I can already feel a difference!

    ReplyDelete