Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sugar video on YouTube

Ditto...I feel the same way about our candy and stood staring at the hidden stash in the cupboard, hoping, wishing, thinking about that sweetness. Ah, this is certainly not easy! I thought everything might be easier by the sixth week! I guess the strength, muscles and spiritual balance has increased. Yay! (Really...that is a huge something to be thankful for!) Yet I thought my will power and desires might have had leaps and bounds of improvement too. I still have to convince myself to workout every day. I still have to talk myself into not eating that chocolate I have hidden in my closet for my free day. :) Is it always going to be a battle?

I looked up some definitions to help convince myself:
discipline -- the practice of training to obey rules or a code of behavior
will power -- control deliberately exerted to do something or to restrain one's own impulses

Again, I'm SO thankful we're doing this challenge to help me PRACTICE living better nutritional rules and to help me restrain and control myself more in healthier ways. Thanks gals! We have 17 more days to practice and train ourselves in these fitness ways.

And...Just in time to try and fight the post-Halloween candy cravings I'm currently having, my friend sent me this lecture from an MD at UCSF who discusses the role of sugar (and HF corn syrup) in our bodies & foods. It's long, but interesting (I wish we had just the condensed notes!) Wonderful info as we tackle the weight loss and overcome cravings. I understand my love of sweet things so much more now...

Enjoy if you dare. :)
Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology, explores the damage caused by sugary foods. He argues that fructose (too much) and fiber (not enough) appear to be cornerstones of the obesity epidemic through their effects on insulin. Series: UCSF Mini Medical Sch...
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment