Monday, November 22, 2010

WE did it!

We did it! Congratulations ladies! When I woke up this morning, I thought to myself, "I'm free!".  But as the days progressed I realized how much I want to keep up these good habits I have worked so hard to form.  I was not perfect in my points, but I was fairly close.  I am proud of myself for sticking with it and for giving it my all.  I have not been very disciplined the last couple of years, so it has felt so good to actually accomplish something I started. I like how it has made me feel!

I lost 9 pounds!  It has been hard for me to be super happy with 9 pounds because I have so much more weight to lose, but I have realized I need to celebrate each pound and continue to patient in the process.  Because I have so much more weight to lose, I can't really be "free" of this challenge.  I am going to modify it a bit and stick with it.  I am going to exercise 4x's a week, I am going to have 1 free day and have another day where I can have a dessert and eat after 8.  I am not going to eat after 8 unless there is a special occasion. 

I am also grateful for the spiritual component of the challenge.  I realized that scripture study is possible and that it is an important party of my day.

Also, it has been fun to be part of this with such a fun and supportive group.  I had many opportunities to work out in different ways and with different people and it was fun.  I loved that my life was focused on fitness and health and that other people were sharing that experience. 

Finally, I have challenged myself mentally.  I ran/walked a 15.2 miles. WE started at Battery Park City and ended up near Ft. Tyron Park at the top of Manhattan. I ran more of it than I ever thought I could.  I realized I am capable of more than I really thought possible.

Thanks to Rebecca and thanks to all of you. 




At the end of our half/marathon past the George Washington Bridge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment