Monday, October 18, 2010

"Post Free Day" Pep-Talk

My third "free day" has come and gone. Its like saying farewell to a dear friend... you don't want them to go, but trust you'll see them again, hopefully soon, once again to enjoy their company. (Adieu, sweet desserts, sigh.) So, I'm giving myself another pep-talk to gear up for the week ahead. To try and stay motivated for the challenge of eating right, avoiding the "less-desirable" things, drinking the water, reading scriptures and exercising everyday! Yay, we can do it!!

I think of the reasons I'm doing this fitness challenge. Health. Balance. Improving my habits to do the things I know I ought to do anyway - but haven't had the willpower lately to do solo. So, I put my money down to say to myself: "I'm committed to this!" Like a 5K, this motivates me to a bigger goal that includes more than myself. The social support is super helpful right now. This Challenge is an opportunity to exercise spiritually and physically, grow stronger, to build my character and my life.

Some days its hard (the longing for a sweet treat, the minimal desire to workout). Yet these habit-changes are not going to get any easier later in life...so I want to instill more solid healthy habits now. I want to sustain many of these important foundational things for a lifetime.

Everyone's doing this Challenge for various reasons, so please share your "pep-talks" for what keeps you going. I think it's great to post ideas, thoughts, and uplifting group-talk as we approach the middle of the challenge 4-week mark. Thanks for the support, your wonderful thoughts and tips and sharing your motivation! It's truly great to help one another in this lifestyle-improvement "adventure."

No comments:

Post a Comment